Thursday, December 8, 2011

Finals Week

I have wrapped up the pages for the purpose of the class as of 12/8/2011.  The client approved of all of the changes I made with the understanding that much more work needed to be completed after the quarter is completed. 

Many of the current links currently link to a "Coming Soon" page to indicate that that particular page is still being developed.  The completed project will ultimately have in upwards of 20 pages, but for the purpose of the class I stopped with around half of that. 

You will enter the site through the home page.  That page has three simple image links that will bring the viewer to the website, the Facebook page or the blog that the client plans to develop in the near future.  If you click into the website you will come to a secondary home page that give a small description of the business and contains an automatic slide show that will ultimately have many images from each of the categories that the photographer shoots. 

Clicking into the galleries gives a brief description of that particular service and offers a slide show that shows examples of the photographers shots in that category.  You will eventually be able to see the photo documentaries that the photographer has completed.  The final pages are the informational pages that list prices for service, information about the shoot date, and information about the photographer. 

Finally the photographer shoots at an extremely high resolution.  For the purpose of the website the pictures had to be drastically reduced in size.  I took each image that I used on the site and used Photo Shop to first reduce the image to 500PX either vertically or horizontally depending on the orientation of the image.  I then reduced it further to 50PX to create the thumbnails for the slide shows. 

Going forward the client and I determined that for the purpose of the website the photographer would created the reduced images that she wants to use at the time that she is editing the photos from a shoot.

For the time being the site will be published on my UCFilespace site.  The client plans to register the domain JJKorczykPhotography.com, JJKPhotography.com, or JJKorczykPhoto.com and host the site through one of the hosting businesses like GoDaddy or NetworkSolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment